I just started a facebook group! Each months there is a free pdf pattern shared in the group! Lets build a community togheter and help eachother grow! Looking forward to getting to know all of you! Just click here to join
And dont miss my FREE pattern for the nelly coat
This Post may contain affiliated links, clicking on those links do not cost you a penny, unless you make a purchase in wich case i may get a small comission at NO extra cost to you! However i never recommend yarn or products i dont actualy like myself!
This post contain ads, the ads are the reason i can provide you with this pattern for free, if you want to help me provide free patterns i would love if you pinned this post to your pinterest and followed me!
If you want ad free and printable versions of my patterns you can find most of them in my shop.
This pattern came togheter beacuse i was tired of the dogs and kids getting to my yarn ball when i was crocheting on the couch, always leaving it a mess, i have tried yarn bowls and they dont quite get the job done, i needed something that could be closed to protect the yarn from sticky kid fingers and rolling around on the floor. Thats when the yarn buddy came to life. As a bonus i made a pocket to be able to have all i need for my current project in one place, always having markers, siccors and my needle in one place and not having to look for them all the time, wich is also a problem for me. This yarn buddy solved that problem, when i am done crocheting for the night i put my hook in the buddy and have all i need in one place for the next day.
The yarn buddy is fast and easy to make, it fits chunky yarn balls as well as the smaller ones. It has the option to add a strap to easily carry your yarn buddy around, make a removable strap or sew your strap in place. It is all up to you.
I used Paintbox simply chunky, i opted for a smaller hook then suggested to get a sturdier feel. It took little less then 2 balls including the strap.
I used 3 coat buttons from an old coat that i already had.
Dont forget to follow me on instagram and pinterest, and if you pin this post to your pinterest i would very much appreciate it <3
And dont miss my other patterns:
- All patterns
- Crochet School
- Free patterns
- Lylah dolls
- Mönster på svenska
- Tips and trix
- Video tutorials
If you want to support me or just have an ad free and printable copy of this pattern you can get that here
Dont miss the huge sale in my shop!
Video tutorial of this pattern here
This pattern is copyright protected and the property of swecraftcorner and may not be reproduced, sold, copied or altered in any shape or form, please respect this, Of course you can share the link directly. You may sell finished item that you made with this pattern as long as you credit me for design and include a link back to the blog post. This item may not be massproduced.
You may not use my pictures when selling your finished item.
Before we start i just want to remind you:
I just started a facebook group! I added this pattern as a printable pdf available for all those who want to become a member! A little welcome present. Lets build a community togheter and help eachother grow! Looking forward to getting to know all of you! Just click here to join
For this you will need:
Yarn: 2 balls of paintbox simply chunky
Ch 8, Sl st into first ch, creating a circle
- Ch1, 12 sc over chain, sl st tog (12)
- Ch1, *1sc, Inc* x 6, sl st tog (18)
- Ch1, *1sc in 2 sts, inc* x 6, sl st tog (24)
- Ch1, *1sc in 3 sts, inc* x 6, sl st tog (30)
- Ch1, *1sc in 4 sts, inc* x 6, sl st tog (36)
- Ch1, *1sc in 5 sts, inc* x 6, sl st tog (42)
- Ch1, *1sc in 6 sts, inc* x 6, sl st tog (48)
- Ch1, *1sc in 7 sts, inc* x 6, sl st tog (54)
- Ch1, work 1 sc each st in back loop only,(54) Ch1 turn
10-21. 1 sc in each st, Ch1 turn (54)
22. 1 sc in each st, ch 10 turn (64)
23. Skip ch 10, 1 sc in 54 sts, ch 1 turn (54)
24-37. 1 sc in each s, ch 1 turn (54)
38. 1 sc in each st, sl st tog, Ch1 turn (54)
From now on do not turn your work
39. Working in back loops only, *1sc in 7 sts, dec* x 6, sl st tog, ch 1 (48)
40. *1 sc in 6 sts, dec* x 6, sl st tog, ch 1 (42)
41. *1 sc in 5 sts, dec* x 6, sl st tog, ch 1 (36)
42. *1 sc in 4 sts, dec* x 6, sl st tog, ch 1 (30)
43. *1 sc in 3 sts, dec* x 6, sl st tog, ch 1 (24)
44. *1 sc in 2 sts, dec* x 6, sl st tog, ch 1 (18)
45. *1 sc, dec* x 6, sl st tog, ch 1 (12)
46. *dec* x 6 (6)
Sew The hole shut and fasten yarn.
- In 2nd ch from hook make 1 sc in each ch, ch 1 turn (25)
2-15. 1 sc in each st, Ch1 turn (25)
Here you can choose any length you want your strap to be by removing or Adding rows before the last Button hole. Or if you don’t want a strap you can just skip this part.
- In 2nd ch from hook make 1 sc in each st, ch 1 turn (5)
- 1 sc in each st, ch 1 turn (5)
- 1 sc, ch 3, skip 3 sts, 1 sc in last st, ch 1 turn (5)
- 1 sc, 3 sc in ch-sp, 1 sc in last st, ch1 turn (5)
5-160. 1 sc in each st, ch 1 turn (5)
161. 1 sc, ch 3, skip 3 sts, 1 sc in last st, ch 1 turn (5)
162. 1 sc, 3 sc in ch-sp, 1 sc in last st, ch1 turn (5)
163. 1 sc in each st. Fasten yarn
Assembling the bag:
Measure where you want to place your pocket, 1 sewed mine in place approx. 9 sts, from the opening. Sew along the short sides and the bottom of the pocket, sew the pocket down in the middle creating 2 pockets.
Sew a button for the closure and one button on each side if you made a strap.